Tuesday, May 31, 2011

PRETTY THINGS FOR THE BOO

 Recently I made this little summer outfit from some fabric her mother gave me. I haven't put the elastic in the pants because she needs to grow into it next summer, so the elastic can be measured to the right size when she's ready to wear it.
 I don't do regular knitting - never could get the tension right, but I've had more success with loom knitting.  This is a beanie and scarf that I'm sure she'll look very cute in when she's about 2 or 3.  The beanie was made on a round loom, and the scarf on a long loom.
And another outfit for next summer - made out of the left over fabric from Emmylou's "prize winning" dress.  The hat is the reverse alternating colours inside and can be worn either way.  Again I've left the elastic out of the pants until she's ready to wear them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 1, 2011 at 1:18 AM , Blogger Linda said...

How sweet! I also love to sew for my granddaughter (after raising 3 boys!) but she lives too far away for me to make anything that fits. When she visits, we sew!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home